Façade Engineering – globally recognized expertise
For many years Drees & Sommer has been supporting international architects and Chinese clients with globally recognized German facade expertise –and with great success. For China, we have optimally adapted our services to the local planning culture.
Together with the best architects and satisfied principals, we have drawn up the specifications for internationally renowned highlight projects on a scale of 1:1.
These include the following buildings:
- Mercedes-Benz Museum, Stuttgart (UNStudio, Amsterdam)
- New Spiegel-Verlag building on the Ericusspitze Hamburg (Henning Larsen Architects, Copenhagen)
- ICP International Coﬀee Plaza, Hamburg (Richard Meier & Partners LLP Architects, New York)
- New National Gallery, Berlin (Mies van der Rohe, David Chipperfeld Architects, Berlin
- Dreischeibenhaus, Düsseldorf (HPP Hentrich-Petschnigg & Partner GmbH + Co. KG, Düsseldorf)
- Roche Bau 1 (Building 1), Basel (Herzog & de Meuron, Basel)
- 1 Bligh Street, Sydney (Ingenhoven architects, Düsseldorf)
As the result of many technically challenging facades we have realized, we are very familiar with the Chinese market. That’s why we have been able to systematically continue our worldwide project success in China.
For us, the greatest possible flexibility to achieve our Chinese clients’ commercial goals is not ‘nice to have’, but an absolute must. Naturally, we only plan detailed technical solutions that can be built by Chinese facade contractors to a high level of quality without the use of imported materials. To achieve this, local colleagues with years of experience in Chinese facade construction work in our office. This allows us to ensure that minimized costs and high cost eﬀectiveness are not just empty promises. To secure the success of the project, we are involved in all phases as a matter of principle:
- SD (Schematic Facade Design)
- DD/CD (Design Development, Construction Design with integrated detailed planning of facade on a scale of 1:1)
- TTD (Technical Tender Design)
- QA (Quality Assurance Design and Construction)
Where necessary, we call on the services of our extensive network of long-standing local partners. But we do not relinquish responsibility for the success of the project: That stays with us. We are proud to be able to develop new facade solutions with our existing customers – and look forward to cooperating with new clients.